The best thing about acupuncture is the whole body approach. Because it treats the mind, body, and spirit. As a result, no part of you is left untreated. It is important to understand your past experiences, current medical and social history. We use this information to form a Chinese Medicine diagnosis.
This will be different from your Western medical diagnosis. But the two diagnoses are still intertwined. The choice of acu-points and the different methods used during treatment will be based on the Chinese Medical diagnosis. With the goal being to balance the system.
Treatments may include moxa, e-stim, cupping, gua sha and/or acupuncture. Take the first step towards finding health and balance of your mind, body, and spirit.
Hackensack Family Acupuncture & Wellness of Hackensack NJ, offers two levels of care:
- Private treatments: Choose this level of care if your needs are complex, such as Infertility, Auto-Immune Disorders, or otherwise complex syndrome. Because we need time for analysis of your medication, for Chinese herbal therapies, dietary suggestions, cupping, gua sha, moxibustion or other form of Chinese Medicine modality.
- Low-cost community-level care: Community acupuncture allows for a quick treatment, for simple diagnoses: simple anxiety, stress, or simple fatigue. There will be other people in the same room also receiving their treatments in a quiet community setting. This shared space of healing make treatments very powerful. This is the beauty of community style treatment. Community care does not include in-depth diagnostics, herbal prescriptions or any additional therapies.
All pain syndromes and sports injuries
Do you suffer from chronic pain or sports injuries?
- Plantar fasciitis/heel pain
- Lower back pain/neck pain
- Lyme Disease and its complications
- Chronic joint that has been resistant to treatment
Working with babies, children, and adolescents is one of our specialties.
- Night crying
- Motor delays
- Speech delays
- Failure to thrive
- Learning disabilities
- Anxiety in adolescents
- Depression in adolescents
All aspects of Women’s Health
We have great success working with many women’s health across the lifespan.
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Painful periods
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- IVF/IUI support
- Advanced Age Fertility (pregnancy over 40)
- Menopausal Symptoms
Pregnancy and Postpartum
Let us help you stay as comfortable as you can during and after your pregnancy.
- Pregnancy related aches & pain
- Breech positioning
- Labor preparation
- Extreme nausea during pregnancy (Hyperemesis Gravidarum)
- Itching during pregnancy (PUPPP)
- Gestational Diabetes
- Intrauterine Growth Restrictions (IUGR)
- Reduced Milk supply
Digestive disturbances are extremely common, we can help.
- IBS/Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Acid Reflux
- Abdominal pain
Other Conditions Treated
Call us and book your free consultation if you struggle from the following:
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure