My name is Lisa Mascall and I am a Dr. of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine as well as a Board Certified Herbalist and a licensed physical therapist.
I was born and raised in Bergen County, NJ. I studied Physical Education at Cedarville University in southwest, Ohio; and later went on to get my MS degree in Physical Therapy. I worked for years in the Sports Medicine and Pediatrics arenas, as a physical therapist and I loved my job.
Years into my career, I developed a desire to work with Soldiers and to travel to see more of the world. Out of nowhere dropped the most amazing opportunity to live in Germany and work for the US Army as a physical therapist treating the Soldiers and their families who were stationed there.
I jumped at the opportunity and soon found myself living in the beautiful rolling hills of Bavaria, Germany!
As part of my work, the Army offered a weekend training in Battlefield Acupuncture. The Army had discovered how amazing acupuncture could be, and used it on Soldiers on the field to treat pain. I had tried acupuncture myself years ago, but I knew very little about it. Driven by my curiosity, I signed up for the training.
I used the information I learned in that brief weekend class to help treat the Soldiers and families. I was absolutely blown away by the results especially because at this point, I had been a physical therapist for nearly 10 years, and was very familiar with how long common ailments took to treat and heal.
I had to know more…
As my time in Germany came to an end, I was excited to get back to the States and continue learning about Chinese Medicine. I applied and was accepted into one of the top schools in the country, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. There I spent 4.5 years and over 3,300 hours learning and practicing the amazing Medicine.
And the rest is history…
These days I combine the best of my 15 years of physical therapy experience with what I’ve learned about Chinese medical theory and practice to create customized treatment programs for patients suffering with acute and chronic pain, infertility, and other chronic health conditions. I use Chinese herbal medicine to supplement my treatments, and my patients feel the difference.
I consider myself incredibly fortunate to be an integral part of my patients’ journey to wellness. Nothing is better then seeing someone take their life back from chronic illness or pain; and watching this medicine help improve my patient’s quality of life when other therapies have failed.
This is my mission. This is my passion.
My vision for the future is to live in a world where each person takes responsibility for his or her own health. Let’s, at the very least, become an active participant in our health and wellness. This starts at the most basic level, with whole food nutrition, exercise, and some type of mindfulness practice (prayer, meditation, etc).
Feeling good is not just physical.
It is mental.
It is emotional.
If you’d like to learn more about how Chinese can help improve your health and well being, download my free guide called “Taking Your Life Back”
You can also like my Facebook page, here. I have a growing Facebook community, and I’d love to have you as a part of it.
Below is more information about me, if you’d like to know more about my Credentials and Experience.
My Credentials & Degrees
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Traditional Oriental Medicine (over 3,300 hour professional program, including didactic and clinical practice)
- Master’s of Science in Physical Therapy (2,500 hour professional program, including didactic and clinical practice)
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Physical Education, concentration in Exercise Physiology
- State of New Jersey Acupuncture Examining Board: Licensed Acupuncturist
- State of New York, Dept. of Education: Licensed Acupuncturist
- State of New York, Dept. of Education: Licensed Physical Therapist
- State of New Jersey: Licensed Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Board of California: Licensed Physical Therapist
National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate of Acupuncture
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
- Diplomate of Chinese Herbology
Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM)
- Clean Needle Technique Certification
Clinical and Work Experience
- Acupuncture: NYU Lutheran Hospital Labor & Delivery
- Physical Therapist US Army Europe
- Physical Therapist: Staten Island University Hospital Burn Unit
- Physical Therapist: NY, NJ State Sponsored Early Intervention Programs (birth-3 years old)
- Acupuncture: Housing Works, a non-profit supporting the urban HIV+ community
- Acupuncture: Fortune Society, a non-profit alternative to incarceration program for at risk youth
- Acupuncture for Labor & Delivery
- NDT (Neurodevelopmental Training) for 0-3 years
- ADHD in Children (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Studied in Japan: Japanese Shonishin (needle-free acupuncture) for children and the elderly
Call or TEXT our office at 201-561-1240 to set up a Free Consultation. We’re never too busy to help you!